Schaeffer Spindle & Coupling Compound NLGI #2
Vendor: Schaeffer Oil
Spindle & Coupling Compound is a synthetic-blend heavy duty, anti-wear, extreme pressure coupling grease that is recommended for the lubrication of all types of spindle, gear and chain type couplings common to the mining, steel mill, non-ferrous metal processing and power plant industries.
Spindle & Coupling Compound is compounded from a unique combination of the finest select high viscosity solvent refined, severely hydro-finished 100% paraffin base oils and polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids available. Blended into these paraffin base oils and (PAO) synthetic base fluids is an aluminum complex base thickener and selected additives.
This formulation provides the Spindle & Coupling Compound with the following outstanding performance features:
1. Excellent resistance to water washout.
2. Excellent shear and mechanical stability.
3. Excellent anti-wear and extreme pressure load carrying properties.
4. Adhesive film-forming characteristics in order to resist to “squeeze out” and “sling out”.
5. Superior resistance to oil separation due to centrifugal forces.
6. Excellent reversibility. This property allows Spindle & Coupling Compound to have the ability to retains its grease-like consistency and remain in the couplings during periods of heat, high shock loading, extreme pressure and severe mechanical action.
7. Formulation of an almost indestructible adhesive film with a “cushioning” effect, even under extreme pressure and low speeds.
8. Excellent rust and oxidation inhibiting characteristics.
9. Excellent resistance to oxidation.
10. A high dropping point.
11. Resistance to film destruction by contaminating oils or greases “migrating” from nearby mechanisms.
12. Excellent low temperature pumpability characteristics at temperature as low as -30F.